ATTENTION – ALL LAPTOP USERS FOR THE JULY 2017 NORTH CAROLINA BAR EXAMINATION:
An issue has come to the Board’s attention regarding the newest Windows 10 Creators update (Update 1703)and its incompatibility with ExamSoft.
This Windows 10 Creators update, which is being slowly rolled out by Microsoft, is NOT compatible with ExamSoft, and may cause issues on the day of the bar examination.
Please read through the following steps to ensure that your computer remains issue-free the day of the examination.
- Do not let Microsoft automatically install the Windows 10 Creator update (1703).
- To determine if you have the update already installed on your device, follow the instructions here. Unlike many other updates, this one becomes permanent 10 days after the installation.
- If you have it installed, and you installed it fewer than 10 days ago, you can uninstall it by following the instructions here.
- If you installed it more than 10 days ago, you may not be able to uninstall it. Go to your IT department or ExamSoft for help. The ExamSoft Tech Support line is (866) 429-8889. Please also feel free to contact us directly. E-mail Allison Parks Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not yet have the update installed, follow the directions near the bottom of this page to delay this update until after the bar exam: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-delay-windows-10-creators-update-your-pc-and-why