To use your laptop for the essay portion of the bar examination you must:
- Ensure your laptop is configured for access to the Internet
- Have experience using computers
- Agree to handwrite your examination in the event of a hardware or software malfunction or power failure
- Agree to not remove, delete or uninstall SofTest or any SofTest program files until results have been published
- Complete the registration of your laptop during the registration period
- Complete registration includes installing all components of the SofTest software onto your laptop
- Once the dates for Registration for the upcoming examination have been set, those dates will be posted in this section of the website.
- You must have downloaded the ExamSoft software onto the laptop you will be using at the examination no later than 4:00 p.m. on the last day of the registration period.
- Download SofTest onto the computer you will use on exam day
- Even if you currently have ExamSoft on your laptop, you will still need to download the software. The software has the testing parameters for the current bar exam.
- You will receive a sign-on and password via email.
- Complete and return a Mock Exam using SofTest prior to the published registration deadline
- Complete and submit an Application to use your laptop. You may find the link to the Applications to take the examination on laptop by clicking on the “Laptop Use” link on the homepage of this website and then selecting either the “Application to take February examination on laptop” or the “Application to take July examination on laptop” drop-down options.
- Once the payment deadline has been set, it will be posted in this section of the website. Payment must be received by this deadline.
- Many of you submitted your payment with your application. You will receive confirmation of payment at the time you download the software. If we have not received payment, you will be notified within a few days of downloading the software.
- If you submitted your fee with your application, you still need to register your laptop and download the software.
- The Fee for laptop use is $125.00. This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please note: due to table size and set up, the Board does not allow the use of an external mouse and keyboard.
- It is strongly recommended that you remove any old versions of ExamSoft from your laptop. Removing older versions will help prevent delays the morning of the examination. If you have any questions about removing the older versions, please contact ExamSoft at 866-429-8889